- Statistics is the science that deals with collecting and manipulating statistical data.
- The following steps are followed to get statistical data:
- "Collection" of data through various ways such as asking questions, surveying, etc.
- "Organization" of the collected data from least to greatest, heaviest to lightest, tallest to shortest, etc.
- "Representation" of the collected data on the chart, graph, or table.
- "Analyzation" of the collected data by finding the mean, median, mode, or range.
- "Understanding" the collected data.
- "Inferencing" - making inferences based on the understanding of such data.
- A statistical question(s) is asked to collect the data for statistics.
- A statistical question is a question with unlimited answer choices and varied answers.
- How many siblings do you have?
- What is your name?
- How tall are you?
- How old are you?
- Non-statistical Questions - Here, the answer to the question is the same, or the answer choice is limited.
- Who is the president of the United States of America?
- Do you like Apples or Oranges?